World’s largest vacation rental marketplace unveils the best cities to travel, dance, inspire and celebrate the
LGBTQ+ community during this year’s Pride festivities
Fort Lauderdale, Fla. – (June 1, 2022) – HomeToGo, the world’s largest vacation rental marketplace, today revealed the results of its 2022 Pride Index. The ranking includes the best places to celebrate Pride month in June: 50 cities from 20 countries across the globe from San Francisco to São Paulo. From colossal celebrations to small-scale soirees, travelers visiting these cities can enjoy both new and long-established festivals that commemorate the magnificent diversity within the LGBTQ+ community.
“Each year, Pride celebrations around the world grow bigger and brighter as more LGBTQ+ people, supporters, and families join the festivities,” said Caroline Burns, Head of PR and Travel Expert, HomeToGo. “There are so many exciting destinations to explore for Pride and we hope this index will inspire travelers to venture out and discover new destinations to promote equality and celebrate the history and accomplishments of the LGBTQ+ community.”
To rank the world’s most vibrant Pride festivals, HomeToGo researched the following factors for hundreds of cities:
- Travel connectivity, based on the number of destinations served by the nearest airport
- Trending demand, based on the annual growth in travel searches during Pride
- LGBTQ+ nightlife, based on the number of top-rated LGBTQ+ nightclubs and bars
- LGBTQ+ laws, based on LGBTQ+ rights, protections and social sentiment
- Accommodation affordability, based on HomeToGo median nightly pricing data
The final shortlist comprises the 50 cities with the highest overall scores in each of the five categories, here’s a snapshot of the top-ranking cities from this year’s report:
Top Cities to Celebrate LGBTQ+ Pride in 2022
|Rank||City||Travel Connectivity||Trending Demand||LGBTQ+ Nightlife||LGBTQ+ Laws||Accomm.
Additional key takeaways from this year’s Pride Index include:
- New York takes the title of ‘Best Pride Travel Destination in North America’ and is also rated best overall for LGBTQ+ nightlife by having the highest number of top-rated gay bars and nightclubs.
- European capitals dominate this year’s ranking with 6 of the top 10 best Pride destinations, including Paris, France (#1), Berlin, Germany (#2), and Stockholm, Sweden (#3).
- The U.S. is the best-represented country in this year’s Pride Index with 12 cities making it to the shortlist of the top 50 Pride travel destinations in the world.
- The UK has 11 cities featured in this year’s ranking, with London making the top 10 list (ranked #5 in 2022, up from #44 in 2019’s Pride Index).
- Stockholm is the top trending Pride destination for travelers with the highest growth in accommodation searches during its Pride festival weekend compared to 2019.
To create this report, HomeToGo used its own internal data to determine travel search demand and accommodation affordability. A leading online flight aggregator was used to compare the number of scheduled flights to each city, and online mapping tools were used to collect the number of LGBTQ+ bars and nightclubs. DestinationPride.org provided data on laws that affect the LGBTQ+ community in each city.
For a complete breakdown of the methodology and all 50 destinations in this year’s Pride Index, read the full guide at: https://www.hometogo.com/media/pride-index-2022
For more information on HomeToGo, visit HomeToGo.com. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following HomeToGo on Facebook Facebook.com/HomeToGo, Instagram @HomeToGo, and Twitter @HomeToGo.
HomeToGo is the marketplace with the world’s largest selection of vacation rentals, listing millions of offers from thousands of trusted partners, including Booking.com, Vrbo and TripAdvisor. From vacation homes, cabins, beach houses, apartments, condos, house boats, castles, farm stays and everything in between, HomeToGo combines price, destination, dates and amenities to find the perfect accommodation for any trip worldwide.
Founded in 2014, HomeToGo operates local apps & websites in 25 countries across Europe, North America, South America, Australia and Asia-Pacific. HomeToGo also operates brands such as Agriturismo.it, AMIVAC, Casamundo, CaseVacanza.it, e-domizil, EscapadaRural, Tripping.com and Wimdu. To learn more, visit www.hometogo.com or download the HomeToGo app.
954-716-7614 or [email protected]