Resort to Open Slopes December 11, with Enhanced Ski Trails and Elevated Guest Experience
Massanutten, Va. – December 10, 2021 – Massanutten Resort, a premier ski resort in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, announced it will open its slopes to skiers and snowboarders for the 2021-2022 winter season on December 11. With this year marking 50 years of snow sports at Massanutten, guests can celebrate with limited-time promotions and enjoy new additions, including updates to the facilities, improved snowmaking equipment and technological advancements making it easier for guests to plan and enjoy a ski day.
“After 50 years of making memories on the Massanutten slopes, we are honored to give back to the guests who visit us each year,” said Matthias Smith, general manager at Massanutten Resort. “We’ve improved our slopes and now offer even better adventures for our visitors to experience during the 2021-2022 season and in the years to come.”
From skiing and snowboarding to ice skating and snow tubing, there is something for everyone to enjoy at Massanutten this winter, and this season is set to be the best yet with a range of 50th anniversary celebrations and upgrades. Special events and offers include:
Ski Ticket Sales, 50th Anniversary Special, and Night Skiing
- In celebration of 50 years of memories at Massanutten Resort, skiers and snowboarders can take advantage of the 50th Ski Package and get $50 off their booking.
Live at the Lodge
- Massanutten’s Live at the Lodge Party is making a comeback this season every Friday and Saturday night from 8 p.m. to 1 a.m., starting December 17 at Encounters Lounge in the Ski Lodge. Guests 21 and up only with a valid ID can enjoy live music after a day out on the slopes and can show their slope-use ticket for free admission. Live at the Lodge parties have a $7 cover charge.
- This year’s band lineup kicks off with Big City Band on December 17 and 18 and a New Year’s Eve Party featuring Kanye Twitty on December 31 with a $25 cover charge. The cover charge includes a champagne toast and party favors. For the full lineup of bands into next year, visit Massanutten Resort – Live at the Lodge Party (massresort.com).
Season Pass Holders
Snow Tubing & Ice Skating
- With an expanded skate change and viewing area for physical distancing, The Rink at Massanutten offers lessons and 60-minute sessions for everyone from novices to future Olympians. Advance purchase is advised during holiday periods.
- Massanutten is also excited to continue offering snow tubing throughout the day and Northern Lights tubing on select night sessions, which will feature neon lights and pumping music as visitors fly down the 900’ slopes.
- The new 650’ SunKid conveyor lift will be replacing the J-Bar, servicing newly created beginner terrain for novice skiers and riders to enjoy.
- The area has been regraded for the new lift and features improved snowmaking, as well as new LED lighting in the area for night skiing with a reduced carbon footprint.
- Partnered with Axess, Massanutten will provide direct lift access for ski guests and eliminate the need to go to the ticket window when using season passes and reloadable day pass cards.
- Electronic RFID gates are at each lift to allow access to the lift based on ticket type and time of day.
- The 3rd floor of the ski lodge with the Summit Room Owners’ Lodge has been remodeled for owners to relax in after a day of adventures in the snow, with renovated bathrooms, windows, a fireplace, TVs, new furniture throughout and a service bar.
- The ski patrol room underwent a long-awaited full makeover with expanded storage and a new locker room in the lower level of the lodge.
- Base Camp’s exterior aesthetic has been improved with a new walkway to the restaurant and lower level of the lodge.
- New siding was added to the side of the lodge facing the General Store.
- Three permanent restrooms were added to Mid Mountain Grill, as well as expanded menu options.
- Fifty new semi-automatic HKD low-energy air water snowmakers will be placed on Diamond Jim and Paradice ski trails. These new snowmakers will cover more of the mountain than ever before while using less energy.
- Four automated tower-mounted Techno Alpin fan-style snowmakers will be added to the slopes on the Southern Comfort trail.
- Two new snowmaking pumps will be added to the heart of the snowmaking system to increase water pressure and give staff more flexibility on where to make snow.
Massanutten is also offering a variety of winter lodging packages that will allow guests to get away and save this season. The Winter Wellness Package includes two or more nights in any available one-bedroom condo, two Swedish massages, a $30 gift card for Balanced Roots and 10% off a retail purchase at the Spa Boutique. The Winter Build Your Own Package includes two or more nights in any available lodging, a $50 Massanutten Everything gift card and the option of adding slope-use tickets, WaterPark admission passes and breakfast from Campfire Grill. A full list of winter packages can be found here.
For more information on the Resort’s 2021-22 winter programming, visit www.MassResort.com/Winter, download the Resort App or call 540-289-9441. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following @MassResort on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
About Massanutten Resort
Set on 6,000 acres of sprawling land in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Resort is a premier all-season Resort destination that offers every type of traveler an unforgettable experience. Outdoor enthusiasts and adventure buffs will enjoy Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park, offering exciting jump trails for beginners and veteran riders alike, and hiking Massanutten’s Western Slope. For those seeking a relaxing escape, the Resort Spa delivers a wide menu of services including manicures, pedicures, detoxifying massages, and more. The Resort is a paradise for adventurous families, featuring an indoor/outdoor waterpark complete with a triple-jet FlowRider® Endless Wave, three escape rooms, the Family Adventure Park, and a petting zoo. Seasonal sports activities include two challenging 18-hole golf courses, skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing. Nothing works up an appetite like an active vacation and with 12 on-site dining options, showcasing variety from mouthwatering barbecue to campfire treats, Massanutten offers something for every taste, season, and occasion. At Massanutten Resort, there is something for everyone, all within reach – located just two hours from Washington, D.C., and 50 minutes from the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.
678-631-9974 or [email protected]
This message was sent to [email protected].
1510 SE 17th Street, Suite 200A
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316