Virginia Resort to Open Slopes Saturday, December 19; Guests Can Also Enjoy Snow Tubing,
Ice Skating and Indoor WaterPark, Among Other Winter Activities
Massanutten, Va. – December 15, 2020 – Massanutten Resort, located in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, announced today that it will kick off its much-anticipated ski season with a grand opening on Saturday, December 19, with top to bottom skiing and riding.
“We couldn’t be more excited to begin hitting the slopes! There are so many incredible memories to be had as we officially enter into our winter season – whether it be skiing, snow tubing at the Family Adventure Park, or racing down the water slides at our Indoor WaterPark, among the many other activities that await guests both on and off the mountain,” said Matthias Smith, general manager at Massanutten Resort. “Our team has been working diligently to welcome guests for an unforgettable winter and without question, safety is at the heart of it all. We look forward to seeing snow sports enthusiasts and vacationers alike soon!”
The latest information on Massanutten Resort’s 2020/21 winter season – including lift ticket sales, night skiing, skiing/snowboarding lessons, and more can be found at massresort.com/winter.
Ski Ticket Sales, Last Chair Special, and Night Skiing
- New for this season is the Last Chair Special! Skiers and snowboarders can purchase a slope-use ticket for only $20 and rentals for $20. This special is available from 3-5 pm when the slopes close at 5 pm and from 7-9 pm when the slopes close at 9 pm starting December 26.
Season Pass Holders
Ski & Snowboarding Lessons
- Guests and their families can learn how to ski or snowboard one-on-one with an instructor this year as lessons will begin as private and semi-private private (from the same traveling party) for at least the first half of the season. Due to instructor availability, all lessons must be purchased by phone at 540-289-4921.
Snow Tubing & Ice Skating
- To allow for physical distancing, as well as a safe and enjoyable experience, capacity and session times are reduced. Sessions times for snow tubing are 90 minutes and ice skating sessions are 60 minutes.
- Massanutten is also excited to continue offering Northern Lights tubing with select late-night sessions on Friday and Saturday nights, which will feature music and brightly colored lights that illuminate the Family Adventure Park’s 900-foot-long tubing hill for a great new, family-friendly activity at the Resort.
- For as many guests as possible to enjoy the WaterPark during holiday and peak periods, sessions are offered instead of all-day admission. Guests can refer to MassResort.com/hours for session dates and times.
New Safe Mountain Experiences
- As a way to encourage everyone to try something new this year, the Resort has set up a bucket list of winter activities at MassResort.com/NeverHaveIEver. Also new this season, the Resort will be expanding its outdoor live music line-up, which will be hosted in wide-open spaces for friends and family to enjoy.
Ski & Stay Package
- Guests can book ski and stay packages for as low as $273 and enjoy discounted 8-hour lift tickets for up to eight people.
For all winter activities, the Resort encourages advanced ticket purchases either online or via the Resort App.
For more information on the Resort’s 2020/21 winter programming, visit www.MassResort.com/Winter, download the Resort App or call 540-289-9441. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following @MassResort on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
About Massanutten Resort
Set on 6,000 acres of sprawling land in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Resort is a premier all-season Resort destination that offers every type of traveler an unforgettable experience. Outdoor enthusiasts and adventure buffs will enjoy Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park, offering exciting jump trails for beginners and veteran riders alike, and hiking Massanutten’s Western Slope. For those seeking a relaxing escape, the Resort Spa delivers a wide menu of services including manicures, pedicures, detoxifying massages, and more. The Resort is a paradise for adventurous families, featuring an indoor/outdoor waterpark complete with a triple-jet FlowRider® Endless Wave, three escape rooms, the Family Adventure Park, and a petting zoo. Seasonal sports activities include two challenging 18-hole golf courses, skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing. Nothing works up an appetite like an active vacation and with 12 on-site dining options, showcasing variety from mouthwatering barbecue to campfire treats, Massanutten offers something for every taste, season, and occasion. At Massanutten Resort, there is something for everyone, all within reach – located just two hours from Washington, D.C., and 50 minutes from the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.
678-631-9974 or [email protected]
This message was sent to [email protected]
1510 SE 17th Street, Suite 200A
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316