Premier All-Season Resort Ushers in Another Season of Thrilling Activities, Incredible Savings and Big Celebrations
Massanutten, Va. – October 11, 2022 – After a summer full of fun, Massanutten Resort, a four-season, premier mountain resort, is starting the fall season off with irresistible savings, gripping activities, and can’t miss events to continue providing authentic mountain getaways. Utilizing vantage points to display the breathtaking fall foliage, sunsets and scenic views, Massanutten is a destination that must be experienced year-round.
“The year has gone by quickly, but we are excited to be back in the fall season,” said Matthias Smith, general manager at Massanutten Resort. “We are ecstatic about all of the new additions to the resort, like the archery classes and escape room dinner. We are also excited to view the ski expansion project’s progression which will improve our state-of-the-art mountain biking and skiing trails.”
Massanutten Resort rests on 6,000 acres of lush land that offers activities tailored to all interests. The resort’s fall amenities include farm-to-table dining, two manicured golf courses, an award-winning indoor WaterPark, varying retail options, hiking and biking trails and more. Massanutten Resort offers a variety of options to ensure a dream fall vacation.
Escape Room – Families and friends can gather for team-building exercises and bonding in a high-stakes environment in the various escape rooms on the resort. With choices to engage in a thrilling aquatic adventure saving a sinking submarine or searching for mysterious jewels on a 1930s safari in Zanzibar. New this fall, experience a four-course, interactive escape dinner experience. Adults can transport themselves back to the 1920s for a night at the Bonfire Club while enjoying a four-course decadent meal and uncovering clues on how to outsmart the mob.
Massanutten Select Classes – Massanutten offers a number of select classes to encourage wondering minds to explore something new. Visitors can take part in new class options like landscape sketching, caricature, beginners ukulele, and combining artistic skill with the love of nature. New health and wellness-based classes are also offered teaching participants skills like meditation and how to give your partner a massage.
Indoor WaterPark – Visitors will enjoy non-stop thrills at Massanutten’s Indoor WaterPark, which can be enjoyed regardless of the weather. The award-winning WaterPark features state-of-the-art water fortresses, body slides, wave pools, a lazy river and hot tubs. At 84 degrees, it provides comfort and entertainment for all water sport enthusiasts and spectators. The park also has easy access to the resort’s Snack Shack, for burgers, pizzas and other goodies.
Golf – With two 18-hole golf courses, Massanutten provides a dynamic golfing experience for golfers of all levels. For new and intermediate golfers, Woodstone Meadows are ideal, while more experienced golfers will enjoy the Mountain Greens Golf Course with its steep terraced trees and tight angles. The driving range comes equipped with 25 practice stalls where guests can admire the beautiful scenery and enjoy a relaxing spring day. As a cool and athletic alternative to golf, fling golf, a golf and lacrosse hybrid, is also offered.
Mountain biking – Avidly building its reputation for national-caliber bike riding and racing, the resort includes access to over 30 miles of thrilling mountain bike trails, a bike park, lessons, E-Bike tours, a shuttle to carry riders back up the mountain, and a full-service bike shop. The resort is also expanding their trails at the lower bike park to develop new experiences for bikers to tackle.
Hiking – Massanutten Resort offers an abundance of hiking trails with varying difficulty levels designed to expose the beauty of the Shenandoah Valley. While exploring the Ridge Trail, hikers will witness the magnificent panoramic views overlooking the ski slopes, an ideal place for sunsets. Kaylor’s Knob Trail has moderate difficulty but rewards hikers with breathtaking out-and-back trails. The resort also provides guided hikes that assist in expanding hiker’s environmental knowledge of local wildlife, plants and geology.
Family Adventure Park – This next-level attraction offers thrilling adventures for kids and adults of all ages. Massanutten’s Family Adventure Park houses the Mega Zip, an 800-ft heart pumping plunge reaching speeds of up to 30 mph while the Kids’ Adventure course allows those 12 and younger to experience a mini version of the Mega Zip and includes the Burma Bridge, a log crossing and swinging vine bridge. Adrenaline junkies who miss the thrills of snow tubing will love Massanutten’s alternative: Summer Tubing, an exhilarating experience tubing down the mountain with a 120 ft drop.
Fall activities abound with thrilling offerings like archery classes that teach the fundamentals, safety and marksmanship of the sport. To relax and take in the beauty of the environment surrounding the resort, the resort offers scenic chairlift rides to allow guests to embrace the panoramic views to the resort’s historic peak.
Massanutten Resort is offering plenty of opportunities for guests to take advantage of everything the fall season brings.
- Fall Fest – On Saturday, October 8, Massanutten’s annual Fall Festival took over the resort. Offering live music, local beer and wine tastings, scenic chairlift rides and kids’ activities, the event offered something for everyone. Local businesses and food vendors, such as Urgie’s Cheesesteak, Big Fat Daddy’s and Just Fries, were also in attendance. The event showcased the local talent that surrounds the Massanutten area with all of the proceeds benefiting the McGaheysville Fire & Rescue Squad.
- Thrill on the Hill – Guests 21 and up are invited to join Massanutten Resort on Saturday, October 29 from 8pm – 12am at Encounters Lounge for a Halloween spooktacular. The event will feature a costume contest for the best duo, scariest, and overall best costume, as well as a full bar with Halloween themed cocktails, appetizer specials, and DJ Kenneth mixing up tunes all night.
Massanutten Resort is offering a variety of packages this fall to ensure all guests are able to visit and enjoy all the resort has to offer.
- Mass Fall Savings – Visitors can double the fun with combo deals at a variety of the resort’s activities. With a purchase of one of the combo deals, guests can experience their favorite heart-racing activity along with another fun-loving activity at a discounted price. Choose from multiple options including the indoor WaterPark, virtual reality sessions, street curling, arcade, archery, Massanutten Select Classes, Bike Park and more. All of the combos for the best fall savings can be viewed HERE.
- Fall Mid-Week Stay – Save 10% off a three- or four-night stay. Available until December 18, 2022.
- Fall Week Long Stay – Save 15% off a five to six night stay or 20% off seven or more nights. Available until December 18, 2022.
- Hiker’s Paradise Fall Package – Enjoy two or more nights in any available lodging and enjoy a seven day entrance pass to Shenandoah National Park. Add a resort dining gift card to enjoy the plethora of restaurants on property. Available until November 30, 2022.
- Fall Golf Getaway – Offering two or more nights in any one- or two-bedroom condo or hotel allows guests the opportunity to benefit from discount greens fees and cart rentals. Those selecting this package can also add a resort card to use at the multiple different dining options. Available until December 18, 2022.
- Fall Splash Package – A two-night minimum stay in one of the on-site condos or hotels gives guests WaterPark passes to make huge splashes in the 84-degree indoor WaterPark. Fully equipped with hot tubs, a lazy river, and a multitude of water slides. Guests can also add a $50 Restore Dining Card to enjoy poolside snacks at The Snack Shack. Available until November 20, 2022.
- Fall Bike Package – A two-night minimum stay in any on-site lodging allows guests the opportunity to purchase discounted Bike Park Lift/Trail Use passes to access trails with varying terrain for bikers of all levels. Bikers have the freedom to explore up to 30 miles of cross-country mountain bike trails. Available until October 30, 2022.
- Fall Wellness Package – Offering a two-night minimum stay in a one-bedroom condo, guests have the option to receive two Massanutten Signature Massages or one signature massage and a Yonka facial. The offer is coupled with a $30 gift card to Balanced Roots, an on-site holistic retailer and 10% off the entire purchase at the spa boutique. Available until December 18, 2022.
Coming Later This Fall:
Massanutten Resort’s guests have a lot to look forward to later this fall as the resort rolls out new pet-friendly lodging, a new dining location at the indoor WaterPark – Splash’s Bar & Grill, and a new entertainment complex – Perfect Break – complete with two Top Golf Swingsuite Signature Games, 12 e-sports gaming computers, 4 prize-redemption video games, and food and beverage service.
This fall at Massanutten Resort will be bustling with the greatest family and friend activities. For ticket purchasing and more fall season information, visit massresort.com/about/fall.
To learn more, visit MassResort.com, call 540-289-9441 or download the Resort App. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following @MassResort on Instagram, Twitter, and Facebook.
About Massanutten Resort
Set on 6,000 acres of sprawling land in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Resort is a premier all-season Resort destination that offers every type of traveler an unforgettable experience. Outdoor enthusiasts and adventure buffs will enjoy Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park, offering exciting jump trails for beginners and veteran riders alike, and hiking Massanutten’s Western Slope. For those seeking a relaxing escape, the Resort Spa delivers a wide menu of services including manicures, pedicures, detoxifying massages, and more. The Resort is a paradise for adventurous families, featuring an indoor/outdoor waterpark complete with a triple-jet FlowRider® Endless Wave, three escape rooms, the Family Adventure Park, and a petting zoo. Seasonal sports activities include two challenging 18-hole golf courses, skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing. Nothing works up an appetite like an active vacation and with 12 on-site dining options, showcasing variety from mouthwatering barbecue to campfire treats, Massanutten offers something for every taste, season, and occasion. At Massanutten Resort, there is something for everyone, all within reach – located just two hours from Washington, D.C., and 50 minutes from the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.
# # #