Premier Ski Resort Announces Festival Weekend Complete with 4K Race, Live Music, Beer and
Wine Tastings, Donut Eating Contest, a Ring of Fire Ceremony, Fireworks and More
MASSANUTTEN, Va. – (March 1, 2023) – Massanutten Resort, the premier ski resort located in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, today announced the return of its highly anticipated Snow Moon Fest on March 3-5, 2023. Regardless of snow, Snow Moon Fest 2023 will feature a lineup of events for all to enjoy, including a 4K race/walk, a donut eating contest, a ring of fire with fireworks, brunch, and more. Visitors can also take advantage of the Snow Moon Fest Lodging Package and other specials, including a VIP package add-on.
“Snow or no snow, we are excited to welcome guests to the resort for Snow Moon Fest 2023,” Sarah Elson, Massanutten Resort’s director of business relations, said. “We have an abundance of activities planned for all ages, from a donut eating contest for little ones to Live at the Lodge Parties for adults to dance the night away, to ensure our first festival of the year is sure to be unforgettable for everyone.”
Snow Moon Fest includes activities for all ages throughout the weekend. Events include:
- Krispy Kreme Donut Eating Content: Children ages five to 16 are invited to participate in a Krispy Kreme donut eating content at 7 p.m. on Friday, March 3 at Splash’s Bar & Grill at the Massanutten WaterPark. Competitors will race to finish a donut, tied to a string, suspended in the air, while their hands are tied around their back.
- 4K on the Fairway: Taking place Saturday, March 4 at 9:30 a.m. at Mountain Greens Golf Course, this race/walk will allow participants to wind their way through the front nine of one of the resort’s scenic golf courses. The event costs $25 per person and will benefit Elkton Area United Services. In addition, all participants will be entered into a raffle to win additional prizes.
- Saturday Brunch: Guests can visit Campfire Grill from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, March 4 for a $29 per person, all you can eat brunch. The brunch will feature more than 15 menu items including eggs benedict, caesar salad, potatoes au gratin, fresh fruit and chicken milano over penne.
- Beer & Wine Samples at Base Camp: Visitors can enjoy beer and wine samples from noon to 8 p.m. at Base Camp on Saturday, March 4 with selections from Basic City Beer Co., 2 Silos Brewing Co & Pure Shenandoah, Cross Key Vineyards, Lagunitas, Brother’s Craft Brewing and more.
- Live Music: Visitors ages 21 and up can enjoy Live at the Lodge Parties featuring Christian Porter and Nyke Van Wyk at Elevations Lounge on Friday, March 3 and Saturday, March 4 from 8 p.m. to 1:30 a.m. with an $8 cover charge. All guests can enjoy Cam who performs live Saturday, March 4 at Base Camp from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. and Sunday, March 5 at the Mid-Mountain Grill from 12 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- Ring of Fire Ceremony & Fireworks: The return of this popular parade will leave guests in awe as skiers and snowboarders glide down the slopes with lit torches and fireworks on Saturday, March 4 at 8 p.m.
The Snow Moon Fest 2023 Lodging Package is available from Friday, March 3 through Monday, March 6 and provides guests with a third night free after booking two nights in a condo lodging option or the second night free after booking one night in any hotel room. A $50 Massanutten Everything gift card, discounted slope-use tickets, and/or Indoor WaterPark admission tickets can also be added on to round out guests stays. Visitors can also save $10 on 8-hour lift tickets and general WaterPark admission on Sunday, March 5 when booking advanced tickets online.
For an enhanced experience, visitors can book the VIP Experience Add-On for only $50 per person which includes free access to Live at the Lodge Party, an All-You-Can-Eat Saturday Brunch, $10 off entry into the 4K on the Fairway, a Snow Moon Fest Shirt, VIP wristband, a free cup of coffee from Rugged Cup and a complimentary swag bag!
Register for the 4k on the Fairway here. Purchase discounted lift tickets here and WaterPark tickets here. View Saturday Brunch menu here. For additional information about Snow Moon Fest, visit MassResort.com/SnowMoonFest. For general information, visit MassResort.com, call 540-289-9441 or download the Resort App. Stay up-to-date on the latest news by following @MassResort on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
# # #
MEDIA NOTE: Hi-res image can be found here.
About Massanutten Resort
Set on 6,000 acres of sprawling land in the heart of Virginia’s Shenandoah Valley, Massanutten Resort is a premier all-season Resort destination that offers every type of traveler an unforgettable experience. Outdoor enthusiasts and adventure buffs will enjoy Massanutten’s Mountain Bike Park, offering exciting jump trails for beginners and veteran riders alike, and hiking Massanutten’s Western Slope. For those seeking a relaxing escape, the Resort Spa delivers a wide menu of services including manicures, pedicures, detoxifying massages, and more. The Resort is a paradise for adventurous families, featuring an indoor/outdoor waterpark complete with a triple-jet FlowRider® Endless Wave, three escape rooms, the Family Adventure Park, and a petting zoo. Seasonal sports activities include two challenging 18-hole golf courses, skiing, ice skating, and snow tubing. Nothing works up an appetite like an active vacation and with 12 on-site dining options, showcasing variety from mouthwatering barbecue to campfire treats, Massanutten offers something for every taste, season, and occasion. At Massanutten Resort, there is something for everyone, all within reach – located just two hours from Washington, D.C., and 50 minutes from the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport.